Scattered Graffiti Background

Thursday, October 6, 2011

No more bottle

I can successfully say that Carter is officially off the bottle. I knew that I probably should have winged him off of it when he had turned one, but it was so much easier to just let him have it. I finally decided that he was getting too big to be walking around with a bottle. A couple of weeks ago I got him his own little Toy Story Sippy just for him and the first week was a battle. I was starting to wonder if it was actually going to work. He would scream for 45 minutes to an hour and he was crying so hard that he would start choking. I finally went in and rocked him to sleep almost every night that week. He finally stopped. Yay! I kept being optimistic that it wouldn't take him that long to transition since Bailey only took a day in half. Yeah, not so. He was not crying at night, but he would not take it most of the day except for a few gulps. I guess trying to do this the same time that he has been cutting teeth is not very ideal. I just did not know this was happening until afterwards and did not want to start over. I am glad that I did not give in, because tonight he couldn't get enough of his Sippy he ended up drinking two Sippys. Yay! I just hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment