Scattered Graffiti Background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My picky eaters

My kids used to eat anything and everything, but now that they are toddlers who have become very picky eaters.


Bailey likes anything with meat, but will not eat the noodles off of spaghetti, the bun off a hamburger, or sometimes the tortilla from a taco. She also used to like peaches and pears, but will only spoon up the juice and won't touch the fruit. She does like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but will not eat the crust. She loves apples and oranges over applesauce and cheez-its and sometimes cookies. She likes to pick the frosting just about anything. She will eat anything that has to do with chocolate and loves candy.

Carter loves, loves, fries, but will hardly eat the hamburger, especially once he sees the fries. His most favorite fruit is bananas and will request one or two a day, if not more. He hardly will eat meat off of tacos and spaghetti. He also likes oranges and will eat the inner part of the apples and not the skin of the apple. He will eat most desserts, but will sometimes will not eat ice cream. He likes plain chocolate, but nothing with nuts. He loves candy.

We have had to swap different food items because Bailey loves meat and Carter likes the noodles on spaghetti and tortillas from tacos.

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty normal at their stage, I think. It's hard on Mom though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that it is only a stage and will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are nothing compared to Porter. He is very picky!! I can't get Porter to ever eat meat (except chicken nuggets.) All he eats is oatmeal, wheat bread, cheese and fruit. That's about it. haha. It's tough and I do hope he grows out of it and starts eating the meals I spend time on everyday.

    By the way... you're blog is SOO cute!!! I have been meaning to start one for years.(It's hard because I don't have internet at my house yet, so I have to go to library.) But I think once I get internet, I will get going on one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to hear that I am not the only mom that has to cook two meals a night to satisfy my family.

    Thanks. You have always been so sweet. You definitely have to start a blog when you can. It has helped me so I am always conscious to want to take pictures and it has been fun to look back at all the cute pictures and fun memories that I will always be able to cherish.

    ReplyDelete