Scattered Graffiti Background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

They are getting so big and changing so much!

They are getting so big!!! I remember how tiny they both were and how I was able to cradle them both in my arms. Now Bailey is 3 and Carter is 1 1/2. I could not imagine my life without them. I love being their mommy and seeing them grow and learn. Here is a few tidbits about Bailey and Carter these days.

Bailey

Bailey is considered my cuddle bug. She loves to snuggle up to Jared or me as we tickle her arms or her belly. She also likes to snuggle up to one of her many blankets. If she had it her way she would take her blanket wherever we go. Yeah, I would rather put up with the tantrums than having to wash and clean them every time we go out.

She is considered to be my drama queen. She will almost cry on demand. I told her she could not have anything else to eat until she ate what was on her plate. It took a little bit to manage a couple tears. I tried hard not to laugh.

She can be a little bossy with a little sass. I noticed lately that she likes to boss Carter around. She told Carter the other day that he needed to come play with her in her room. We also had Essie over and she kept telling Essie to smile when I was trying to take their picture.

She will perform for a crowd. She loves to sing and will ask to go through all the songs we know. She also likes to dance around in circles or going from one side of the room to the other.

She is my book worm. She loves to be read to and will also sit for a while and just look through books.

She is absorbing so much. We have been trying really hard to work with her words and sentences. For the most part she can tell you what she wants and has added on a few words here and there.

She loves to sing. She likes singing to Elmo and Super Why, which are her favorite shows. I also will sometimes catch her singing in her room as she is playing.


Carter

He is also my cuddle bug. He loves to give nice big hugs and loves to be held sometimes to the point were I am not able to get a lot done. He also likes to snuggle with his blanket and every time I get him out of bed that is one of the first things he grabs. It is funny because he will put his blanket around his neck or on his head and spin around and around. Yeah, he can sometimes be a little crazy when doing this because he can't see half of what he is doing.

He is my little instigator and can be a little too curious. He will try to get into anything within reach and will even put anything he can get into his mouth. We had a little scary moment when a little tide got on the floor and he decided to taste a little. Luckily it wasn't enough to do any harm. He also will climb on things. Bailey will sometimes follow his lead and do what he likes to do. They both like standing on the ledge and holding onto the bar in the bath tub. Yeah, scary!

He loves to read and be read to. It is so cute because he will sometimes say the same word for everything he sees.

He is all boy. He loves to tumble and wrestle and will crawl around on all fours as he plays with his cars and trucks.

He likes to have things around his neck. He will go in our room and grab my clothes because they are what he can reach and put them around his neck and spin around and around.

He loves music. He will stop whatever he is doing and will listen along to the music and loves to sing the songs we have rehearsed. I can sometimes hear him singing "Twinkle Twinkle" right before I get him up or when he is taking a bath. He also will sing along to "Super Why" or "Elmo".

He loves his shows. He almost demands to watch "Elmo" or "Super Why" and gets really excited when we look up movies on the Netflix because he thinks we are going to put on one of his favorite shows.

We are very privileged that Heavenly Father has enough trust in us to be able to parent and raise these two little beings.

4 comments:

  1. It's so good that you are writing these things down because you forget a lot of it as time goes on. They are so cute. We are really looking forward to President's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have really enjoyed doing this blog. It has made me stay current on pictures and things that they have done. It also has been a scrapbook and kind of like a journal for me. We are really excited for you guys to come. We don't get to see you much, but are grateful for the times when we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have grown soooo much since I saw them last. And you are right Marilyn, they are so darn cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete