Scattered Graffiti Background

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Speech Delay




They informed us that Bailey has a severe Receptive and Expressive Language delay so the information that she takes in does not always process correctly and comes out differently.She has a hard time expressing herself, because she is only using one or two words and is not able to get her point across. I have always know that she as seemed a little behind her peers, but I did not know the extent of how far behind she was or how to best help her. I have had a mixture of emotions of sadness because you never want anything to be wrong with your child. You want them to be like any other normal child and advance and do whatever they set their minds to.It is a relief to know she is getting the proper help she needs and her prognosis is good for developing normal speech and vocabulary. I am so grateful for my sweet Bailey that has come into our lives and has blessed us richly with her sunny dispostion and sweet spirit. I am so grateful that we live in a time where she can get the help she needs. My little angel!

2 comments:

  1. We are so lucky to live in a time where programs are in place to help our children when they have problems. Baily will do WONDERFULLY in her speech program! She is already so fun to talk to on the phone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really see how well she has improved from the short time that she has been there.

    ReplyDelete